Both patterns were very easy to use, and the instructions are clear. So a big thank you to those clever ladies for developing these two patterns. They are perfect...
The size I decided to use was Size 4 and Size 5. It was a bit of guess work for sizing as I had no idea if they would fit the girls or not. They keep growing and I haven't seen them for awhile.
The fabric I chose was a green spotty, winter weight, stretch cotton from my stash. The other striped fabric I bought was a stretch polyester fabric. It hooks up really easily, plus it is not very serviceable. This fabric is going to run, it reminds me of thick nylon stockings, it really is a bad choice. Also it was such a pain to sew, where as the green fabric was bliss...
|Here are the first two pairs I made. I sent them over to the girls for a|
fitting. According to their mother they are okay. I hope so because
I have sewn the rest all the same...
|Here are the rest of the tights, the girls each got 3 pairs.|
|While taking the photo's I annoyed a Bumble Bee. Funny how they seem |
to buzz louder when you're nearby. The Leggings are ready to go plus
I'm giving the girls eggs to eat as well.
|Janome Cover-Pro narrow hem stitch.|
|I haven't used the Janome Cover-Pro for awhile...So here is an update on|
finishing the seam and removing the fabric away from the needles.