This year I planted a big leaf type spinach (I've forgotten the name). I know it was a Yates seed brand.
* Pick the Spinach from your garden or buy some fresh
* Wash the spinach then blanch it (bring a pot of water to the boil)
*When the water is boiling put the spinach in for 2-4 minutes
* When time is up remove spinach straight away it should be just soft
* Put the spinach in a colander and then run cold water over it or soak in a bowl of ice cold water
* Then remove the spinach and spin in a lettuce spinner or squeeze in a sterile towel
* Chop up the spinach if you like
* Package the spinach in a air tight plastic container pop the lid on and place in freezer
* You can also package in plastic bags to freeze I just didn't have any to use...
|My Spinach is all ready to freeze. I just need to put a|
lid on the container and store in the freezer