The material I chose was around $35.00 a metres so being a really frugal gal I bought exactly what the pattern said 1 whole metre....I might have known buying the exact amount could be risky....... I decided to cut cut the skirt a little longer (there was a bit of material spare). I thought it was odd that I had excess, but didn't think to double check the pattern pieces. I needed to cut four facings not just two. I really had to scrounge to get them out of the scraps, I did it but they're not on the grain......One facing I will have to join but you won't see it.......It annoys me but it's too far to go back and buy more material.
Usually I have my Tru-Lock overlocker to fall back on but it's broken ( too much earth shakes)....Never mind I have made a start and most of the ground works done I just have to sew the skirt now......It always feels good when you have everything pinned up ready to go.
|Making this in a Linen, very easy to press and sew|
|I haven't worked out what those lines are |
On the skirt going to the hem
I thought they were seams but they are not
Perhaps they are showing the shape of the skirt