Pages

The Miraculous Journey of Teddy

This teddy was the first one I ever made and he's still the only one! He is a bit goofy looking, his eyes are too close and his stuffed face has gone flatter with age. I think I sewed some of him by hand...... No child has ever been remotely interested in him (maybe he was too big and goofy). He has been totally ignored and forgotten, every now and then I'd get him out and sit him in a cane chair.....

Now I don't know if I'm happy or sad as he's been spotted by a cute two year old.  She dragged Teddy around the house, she laid on him, she cuddled him and then she threw Teddy onto the floor. Those two are are almost the same size!

Well I've given up my sewing project from so long ago. It's time to let him begin his own 'Miraculous journey'. Poor thing his growl no longer works and he has no nose. I think the dog ate it, and he has paint on his legs.....Oh well someone loves him now....

I couldn't let Teddy go without a nose, so I patched him up and gave him a new felt one ( he looks smart). I gave him a cuddle and squeeze and said goodbye he just looked at me with his two goofy eyes (funny how you can get attached to a teddy bear). Instead of spending his life in a chair or cupboard he's off to live somewhere else to be squashed and cuddled by a rather busy little girl...

I think he came from a pattern called 'Ernest Bear'
Except Earnest Bear looked like the pattern but
Teddy did not!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...