I didn't remember my wise words for long because I started sewing again using stitch No.9. This time going much slower and hoping all would go well...Lucky for me it did. Because I was sewing French Seams it made it much easier for me to fix the other seam after it was free from the plate.
|What a mess....|
The fabric I've used for the lining is a pink stretch knit, it's a medium weight knit. The top layer is a fine, very light weight, stretchy, puckered Paris pink lace fabric. It has been in my stash for ages, I was actually going to sew it for myself but never did...The sewing pattern is just two pieces so it's very easy to make. I'd like to make more, perhaps using a winter weight knit.
I manged to get a quick fitting and photo of the skirt. As you can see it's still not finished, it has no elastic band fitted...But I made the most of my opportunity to get a photo.
|Bottom left pic: I have covered the elastic band and made|
the band the same fabric as the skirt....