Pages

Magnets & Pins

I can't live with out my magnetics when sewing.....Too many of my pins end up on the floor. When I was about fourteen my father bought a brand new Bernina 730 Record to hem his overalls........I can't remember how I started to sew........I've always had a curious mind and it's my guess I just had to try it out this new sewing machine.......I think I take after my Granny and sewing just came naturally to me.

I would always make the mistake of leaving my pins everywhere........My father always complained that I was always dropping pins and someone would step on them (I used to sew on the kitchen table)....... He'd pick up a pin, peer at me and tell me off in his broad foreign accent. Being young I never took much notice and kept on dropping pins.......I was always engrossed in my latest project. If only I had a magnet to pick up my pins back then......But the best part was my father let me take the sewing machine with me when I married and then it became me who hemmed his overalls for him.......

My big blue magnet I give to the button thief and he runs around and picking up my pins off the floor.......The yellow magnetic pin holder I keep by the sewing machine and if I drop a tin of pins  I just magnet them all up!

I found a good blog site for making your own magnetic pin holders.......Why didn't I think of that? Such a good idea and good way to use up old dishes, etc. Click here.

I've had the magnetic pin holder for years.........
My first sewing machine Bernina 730 Record......
A very heavy sturdy sewing machine that
my father liked to over oil.....I ended up
with oil spots all over my sewing.......

2 comments:

  1. Heh gets very grumpy because I not only drop pin in the carpet in most rooms I also drop in hid dressing grown when mine is on the wash. I have varios magnet pin holder just in case now... How nice your dad had a sewing machine... We are a bunch of tall people in my house so making hems weren't common and I'm the only granddaughter of 26 cousins that sew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pins cause all sorts of problems :) Yes it was great he had a sewing machine because my mother never sewed at all. I am the only one that sews in my family here. That's amazing 26 cousins and you are the only one that sews.....you must be very proud that you have that skill.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...