Pages

Flower Power

Today I've been lost in the process of making a fabric flower.....I am blind to the mess I have created and all the dishes piled up waiting to go into the dishwasher. Now I'm blogging amongst my mess and mayhem...

Making A Fabric Flower:
You will need: Small scraps of fabric, Strong thread, Needle, Scissors, Pen, Iron, Buttons, A compass or a round dish, Fabric glue plus a Glue gun
Size: 10cm circle for flower
Fabric used: Cotton 100% fabric


Cut out five circles and press the fabric with an iron...
Fold the fabric circles in half and press again
 Fold the fabric halves into quarters and press. You can now sort
out the order you want your petals in be into form your flower.....
Thread a sharp needle and knot the end....
 make a running stitch for gathering the petals
   Next pull the thread to gather petals tightly...Then
 sew the first and last petals together to join the
 circle of petals 
Trace with a pen around a cotton reel onto the felt to make
a small circle. Cut the felt circle out with pinking scissors...
Glue the felt circle to the back of the flower with fabric glue...
Now chose your button for the centre.....
Which button will I chose?
I like this one....but sonehow I changed my mind!
I chose a blue button in the end...Glue your button in place
 onto the front of the flower...You can use a glue gun
here if you want. Now your flower is finished
all ready to use!

3 comments:

  1. How pretty, My mother use to make these all the time, I had forgotten..
    Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I quite enjoyed making the flower....though I think I prefer sewing big items best...

      Delete
  2. Thanks Pam not sure what will happen to this one....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...