Pages

Wacky Wednesday

Yesterday was my 'sewing disaster day', I wasted a whole day trying to sew a Teddy Bear.....My worst nightmare happened......The fabric gave way as I was stuffing the bear (all frayed and shredded it was).  But that should have been no surprise to me because the fabric was so old. I should have known better than to use material from an old Hugh Hefner like smoking jacket......It was probably as old as Hugh too.....I've put away my disaster I can't bare to look at the half stuffed shredded satin Teddy Bear...

Today is a new sewing start and I've decided to simplfy my sewing experience.....McCalls Pattern M5826 (Wacky Creatures) was the answer. One high energy kitten made my sewing day a bit frazzled.... But kittens have got to sleep sometime so all was good from then on.

A very easy pattern to use, I didn't really look at the instructions. One problem I did have was with the the legs for B they didn't seem to fit, so I cut the sewing allowance off them...Then they looked odd and too small so I put some of  the seam allowance  back on again...I don't like how McCalls print out their pattern pieces in this craft pattern. You don't know what the number is on any particular piece. I solved this by writing my own numbers on them.

This project is a present so I wanted to sew a heart made out of my fathers old tie to put on the front. Since I inherited all of his ties no one has any of them and I thought it would be nice to give a piece back (I've hoarded them for 30 years). Overall it was fun making this 'Wacky Creature' I'd do it again.

You need to tape the legs, arms to the body You can mix and match).
I always use white tape it's easier to remove when finished...
All taped ready to do but I added the sewing allowance back again...
Ready to cut out and the finished heart (60 year old tie)
All finished and ready to go....
Fabric is an open weaved tartan cotton


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...