Pages

Basic Bias for Beginners

Making Bias Binding with the Simplicity Bias Binder Machine


The first batch
It folded well at the back....

Firstly you need to fold your fabric and how to do this can be found @ Sew4Home. It's a really good idea to press your fabric first before marking your strips (I didn't though).
Measure and mark 2"fabric strips to make 1" bias binding.
When it's re- folded it becomes a 1/2" bias......
Cut the strips with scissors or a rotary blade. I think a rotary
is best if you know how to use it. I still go wonky with it
 hence I'm using scissors.
Cut the ends straight and pin on right angle......
Sew right angle with a straight stitch....
Cut the excess fabric off.  My seam is a fraction big....
Then press open creating a flat diagonal seam
Right side of bias strip is now all ready to press
Wind the bias strip onto the spool......
Not too tight though, but firmly wind......
Place the spool into bias machine......
Just about there....
Now thread the fabric strip through the 1" bias maker. You
 may need to use something pointy to help guide it through.
Next heat up the machine at right setting. I used cotton......
Now remove the cover over the iron. Follow the instructions
that come with the bias machine on how to do this part
(you slide it back)
Ready now to put the cover back on.....don't burn your fingers!
Press the 'run' button and out comes the folded bias.....fantastic!
Yay!  it's all done and ready to roll or press in
half if you want to......
Now the bias binding is all ready to use. Keep the bias binding
 wound up on a spool. I didn't have anything fancy so I just
 used  the inner of a plastic wrap roll.....


2 comments:

  1. looks very easy.. Do you think its worth the cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be if you used lots of bias, I loved using it was about$139.00 here which is a bit of money but at the time it was spare cash so I bought it...The hard part is the cutting and sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...