Pages

A Christmas Pinata

Our effort for making a Father Christmas pinata. I gave all the orders and then let the children do the paper mache part. I put myself in charge of decorating and managed to make a bigger mess than them...Such wise people we all were, no one noticed that Santa's hat needs a white end not red.

How to make the Pinata
It's quite easy to make a Christmas Pinata if you have the time... One balloon, two layers of newsprint, cellulose glue and for the last layer use tissue paper. Then you let the paper mache dry in the sun. Next just pop the balloon and decorate the paper mache shape into something christmassy. We chose Santa....

Note: Do not dry with a blow dryer
I was very impatient for it all to dry so I turned the blow dryer on high. This caused part of the balloon to pop out at the top, breaking some of the paper mache. Thank goodness Father Christmas wears a hat so it was easily fixed.
Hmmmm I didn't tell anyone I did it....
I didn't want the paper mache to be too thick. Hence if you use only three layers of paste and paper and one layer of crepe paper it will be easier for little children to break...


All fixed and ready to hang on
Christmas Day. A big surprise
for the little girls...

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable. And I know the little girls will be thrilled.. Hope you and family have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited I have been decorating tubes for the girls to use to hit it. I can't wait to see their faces... I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas too.

      Delete
  2. So cute. What a fun item to have at a family party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be fun I wanted to do something different this year. Have a nice Xmas!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Rach....I hope you have a wonderful Christmas too X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...